Even though we haven’t had rain, there was a rainbow last Sunday evening.
- “You only have an elevator?” a woman said to a security guard
“You can take the stairs over there behind you if you like.” he said
“God no! I’m not walking up stairs!” she said going to the elevator.
The guard looked at me, “Huh?” The two of us laughed til our sides ached.
- according to her credit card her name was Mrs Portnoy. “Hah hah,” I said, “You must get a lot of comments about your name!”
“Ohhh yessss, but thankfully not so much now that we live in London,” she said
[I would’ve changed my name…]
- “Do you sell pillows?” he asked
- Tourist: “Is the restroom on this level or downstairs?”
Tourist: “What about on this level?”
Me with a smile pasted on my fangs: “The restroom is downstairs.”
- Christina aged seven had hair right down her back, “I’ve never cut my hair. It’s almost down to my knees,” she said.
- Tee shirt: LOVE is LOVELY
- “I have an art book from every museum I’ve been to,” the young woman told her friend, “So I guess I may as well buy one from this place.”
- Yesterday morning a woman came all the way back to the Museum (paid for parking etcetera) to return a cashmere scarf she’d bought as a gift for her friend, “I’m returning this because your store doesn’t have a box for it,” said she.
“Madam,” I said to her, “so many people are trying to save trees these days, why don’t you pack it in an environmentally way?”
“My friend is beyond all that,” she said.
- Do you remember the woman who bought a jigsaw puzzle of a Van Gogh painting, just for the box? This is a picture of the box: